Monday, February 8, 2010

Language Study


Lynn and I started language last week with one of the pastors of a house church, Dearn Katende. He has never taught Luganda before but believes that he knows what we need to be able to minister to people.

Last week we learned a lot of vocabulary. Today we started making sentences. He taught us how to introduce ourselves at church. We always start with Mukama Yebazibwe (Praise the Lord!) because that lets the people know that we are Christians. I don’t know if this is just for his church or for all of them. We found out how to say who we are, where we are from, that we have 3 children, where we live now. And then he said that he would call on me to pray Sunday, so now I know how to say “Katusabe” (Let’s pray), but I will get to pray in English. Thank heavens for that!


We also hired a lady, Medina, to work for us a few days a week. She will tend our flowers and yard, and work inside one day. She worked for the people who lived here before us. But this is all new to me. I don’t know what to have her to do inside—I’m so used to doing it by myself. Hopefully, I will get it all figured out. Medina is a Christian, has 3 children, no husband, and no job. She seems to be a hard worker so I am glad to help out.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment