Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Setting Up A Prayer Network

Jan and I were blessed to sell our home. Thank you to those of you who voiced prayers for the sale. The sale closed on June 20th. Jan had already flown to Plano, Texas to meet our household goods and place them in storage while I stayed behind to close the deal. I was able to visit my mother and the rest of my family in Tacoma for a few days before driving to Plano.

My drive was wonderful even with all of the road construction. I was able to stop off in Pullman, WA to visit my son Nathan and daughter-in-law Amye and our only grandchild Keegan. I was able to go fishing with my son and grandson. The catching wasn't real great but the fishin' was outstanding for I was with one of my sons and my only grandson. I stayed there for a few days and then continued on to Texas. I was able to see again the wonders of Yellowstone Park and the beauty of the Teton Mountains.

I was able to meet Jan in Oklahoma City at Jan's mother's home. We were glad to be together again. We visited there for a few days and then traveled to Plano. We have been very busy since getting to Plano trying to get all the odds and ends tied up.

Our daughter Charissa set a date to get married during the month of December. As we are tentatively scheduled to leave for the for Uganda on Jan. 4th, that meant a quick trip to Georgia to visit her. Dad had fun visiting her and playing with her dog Athena while mom and daughter planned for the wedding.

On our return to Plano we have been busy trying to set up a network of churches for prayer support. This has been one of our assignments to get finished before we attend the FPO in Oct-Dec.. We appreciate those pastors and individuals that have agreed to serve as contact people while we are serving in Uganda.

Please pray for the people of Kampala to whom we will be ministering. Ask that God would prepare our hearts to be useful servants for Him.

Phil. 4:6 Be anxious for nothing....let your requests be made known.
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment